The city of Kuopio takes measures to ease the situation of local companies
The Coronavirus pandemic and the measures introduced by the Finnish Government on 16 March 2020 have had a significant impact on the economic situation of many companies.
Companies are facing difficulties as their cash flow decreases while the companies’ expenditure remains unchanged. The city, along with the state, wants to support the companies.
The Kuopio City Board decided on its meeting on 23.3.2020 on the following measures for companies:
Advice and guidance
The whole staff of the city of Kuopio’s Business Development Services will give advice and guidance to companies during the state of emergency.
- The Business Development Services will help companies, for example, in applying for additional financial packages provided by the state
- Cooperation with for example, the Regional Council of Pohjois-Savo, the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, Finnvera, Business Finland and business associations will be improved to help ease the situation
- Contact Business Development Services
The procedures for the payment transactions of the city and its’ subsidiaries
- The city will expedite the payment of its invoices to companies, however payment will be made the latest on due date
- Extending the statutory payment period of the city’s invoices
- Debt collection and waivers will be refrained from during the crisis
- Temporary postponement of rent payments (for a maximum of three (3) months at a time)
- Possible rent reductions will be considered at a later date
- If the use of the facilities is inhibited by the state or the city -> rent-free period for the duration of the hindrance
Procurements will be made in an expedited timetable
- Demolition and construction schedules will be expedited
- Low value contracts will be allocated for local companies
These instructions are also for the use of the city’s subsidiaries where applicable.
- The chair of the City Board Antti Kivelä, 040 502 8192
- The City Mayor Jarmo Pirhonen, 044 718 2790
- The Director of economic Development, Jukka Pitkänen, 044 718 2085